Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanks for you and miniature harvest

On our american Thanksgiving holiday we gather around our dinner tables with family and good friends. It is one of the times where we stop and reflect on all the wonderful bounty that we have been given. We prepare and eat foods we might not normally eat the rest of the year, often to the point of gluttony.

Back when we had no high tech types of communication the gathering of family and neighbors allowed us to share ideas, form stronger friendships, solve world problems, to basically connect as human beings. Its funny but it is hard for me to remember back when there were no cell phones and no internet. Perhaps I just don't want to. I love being able to have these new connections to information and of course the people. We may not all write the best, using proper grammar and sentance structure but we know what each other means and we offer each other our talents and friendships. This is our dinner table and contrary to what some experts believe we do really connect as humans and for that I am very thankful.


I have so many reasons to feel blessed and wanted to send my warmest thanks to you, for following this blog, offering your friendships and for taking me places and showing me art that I may not otherwise ever be able to experience.


4 comments:

Kathi said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Cheryl.
Hope you have a lovely day!

Flora said...

Dear Cheryl, thank you so much for your kind words ... Only since I frequent the blog, it seems to me that people around the world are real! When you do not have direct contact with people, they remain an abstract concept ... For example, to an Italian, like me, there is a temptation to think of Thanksgiving, just in the way it is shown in the movies: just a big stuffed turkey!
But real life is different, so nuanced, that no film can never tell ...
The blog, yes!
I will send you a warm hug, and you can feel confident that this is also true :-)

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Cheryl! In Holland we do not celebrate it, I only know it from films,LOL!

Thank you for commenting on my blog...Im glad I have some time to do some cathing up on the blogs. I
went quickly through your blog and all I see i like very much.

The wreath you have made is wonderful!

Sabihax

cockerina said...

hello! Do not forget to send me, via email, pictures of your swap Christmas "!
kisses