Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fall flowers Asters and Zinnia

I just love Autumn. The colors and smell of the leaves, pumpkin patches, cooler weather and cozy fires. My friends who are also from the northeast miss Autumn as well. Here are some miniature flowers made from kits by Bonnie Lavish.

 A while back I wrote to Ingrid about her miniature metal pieces. She was very encouraging and her work showcased on her blog is inspirational. After running around yesterday collecting supplies the bench below is my first attempt. It was quite easy and this little project already taught me a lot about the order of things. I think I will be adding some detail today....



8 comments:

Ingrid said...

Thank you for the sweet message :-)) glad I could help you a bit. Your table is beautiful and well soldered, well done
groetjes Ingrid

Lainie said...

Very nice! I miss Autumn, too. We just don't get the beautiful colors here in Houston. Everything just goes from green to dead one day. No orange. No yellow. No crimson leaves. The flowers are gorgeous and the bench is great. You've inspired me to try something like that!
Hugs,
Lainie

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

Wow! I love the metal bench! How clever you are to make it look like a professional job. The flowers and pots are superb too.

contar said...

esas flores quedan perfectas y me parecen que vienen bien con la época del año.
al menos por aquí dalias y crisantemos son las flores que se ven.
el banco me gusta y creo que le quedara un rincón muy bonito.
un abrazo

These flowers are perfect and I think that come along with the time of year.
at least around here dahlias and chrysanthemums are the flowers that look.
I like the bank and I think he had a very nice corner.
a hug

Flora said...

Beautiful colors, warm and autumnal ...
The bench is very well done :-)
Mini hugs, Flora

Patty said...

Cheryl, I love the flowers! They are so "Autumn" Your table really came out wonderful. What type of wire did you purchase to solder?

Susanne said...

Your little bench is beautiful, I wish I could do that, I like iron things very much, as you may know ;-)
Love, Susanne

Unknown said...

Estas flores tienen unos colores preciosos para este otoño.
El banco para las piezas de metal está perfecto. Bravo por tu espiritu investigador.
Besos Clara